1) You do not pre-celebrate a win. Neither game nor series.
2) You prefer your team to be an underdog and are happier when they are NOT picked to win a series
3) You never ever openly wish for one opponent over another (careful what you wish for)
4) You absolutely never ever wish the Canucks to lose a game so they can “win it at home” (blasphemous)
5) You want the Canucks to sweep every series even if it means you NEVER get to see them “win it” at home.
6) It ain’t over til it’s OVER
7) Keep yer stick on the ice, take it one shift at a time, never get too high or too low.
8) The sum of your Canucks fan-ness is not measured by how many times you state “I believe!” Use in moderation.
9) If you had no interest in the Canucks at the START of the playoffs, then your presence is not required along the way.
10) Trash talking opponents mid-game or mid-series is strongly discouraged. Afterwards, go nuts.
11) Under no circumstance do you boo a Canucks player during playoffs. NO MATTER WHAT. (Yes, even him.)
12) If you feel the need to trash a city, Calgary is lovely at this time of year.
Thanks to Colin MacLeod who sent this to us.
Mawhahahhaha, Calgary. Full disclosure: I was born in Calgary. There is a reason why I moved.